Subject: [Leica] multimedia SoundSlides software
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Sun Oct 15 20:43:43 2006

Has anyone used Sound Slides software by Joe Weiss?  It permits
someone who is unskilled with Flash to combine image files (slides)
with an audio track.  The slides dissolve with a cross fade
automatically after you set the duration of each slide.  The output
is a small Flash file that can be uploaded to a web server very
easily.  It's only priced at $39.95.  I just became the director of
The Vision Care Institute in Jacksonville and can't wait to use a
digital recorder with photos to put student doctor feedback on our
website.

Here are a few examples of the output:

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=SOUNDSLIDES

Interesting and low cost product.  A number of newspapers use it so
that photojournalists can create multimedia for their newspaper
website with little IT support.

Richard

Richard Clompus, OD
Ponte VEdra Beach, FL