Subject: [Leica] Jeffery PAW - 34 - Using the new 50/1.5 Sonnar
From: jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Sun Oct 8 16:09:07 2006

Last night was a regular event in my Bohemian neck of the woods in New
Orleans. Each year during the first week of October, there is an event aptly
named "Art for Art Sake". Galleries on Magazine Street from Napoleon Avenue
to Julia Street have receptions with exhibits, wine, cheese, and an
opportunity for the art community to come together. I stopped by "The
Darkroom" on Sophie Wright Place to look at Lori Waselchuk's display of
post-Katrina panoramic art. I got this image of the owner Charles Megnin,
the owner of The Darkroom.

http://www.400tx.com/2006-34.html

So far, I'm very pleased with this new Zeiss 50/1.5 Sonnar. I have spent a
lot of money trying to buy and "renovate" a good LTM 50/1.5 Sonnar from
50-60 years ago. I can stop looking. This lens gives me the look I've been
trying to achieve.

I have  brief first look at the lens on my blog for those who are
interested.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA
http://www.400tx.com