Subject: [Leica] Tool to view EXIF data online
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Sun Oct 8 14:05:50 2006

We often get questions about what focal length, shutter speed and f-stop a
particular image was shot at.  For digital images viewed under Internet
Explorer or FireFox, under Windows, there is a free tool that will answer
that question quickly.

http://ak.no-ip.com/EXIF/index_en.htm

I've been using ViewEXIF for several years, trouble-free.  Just right-click
on an image displayed in the browser, and click "View EXIF." If EXIF
information exists, I see it.  Much easier than importing the files into
PhotoShop or whatever.

I've noted that on some folders in the LUG's gallery, the EXIF data does
not exist in the resized photo that the gallery displays initially.  But if
you display the full-sized photo, the EXIF data does exist, and ViewEXIF
will see it.  This has been the case with Chris William's wedding photos,
for example.

I don't have any connection with the author, and I don't know if there is a
similar tool for other browsers, or the Mac world.  But I suspect there is.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:Tool to view EXIF data online)