Subject: [Leica] big dumb R TTL question
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Sat Oct 7 08:12:24 2006

Ok - So here is my R8/R9 question.

When shooting TTL flash is there anyway to shoot slower than 1/250 sec?
When I flip my Metz flash in to TTL mode, my R8 forces 1/250 shutter speed.

For this reason I often shoot in A mode so I can drag the shutter.
But, as we know, A mode is not always quite as accurate, so I'd prefer TTL
mode.

And a followup question -- Anyone having success shooting TTL flash with the
DMR?
You aren't supposed to be able to, but I sometime have luck with flash
dialed down to -3 compensation.

Eric

www.korenman.com

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] big dumb R TTL question)