Subject: [Leica] Travel photos
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Fri Oct 6 09:07:12 2006

Clive Moss wrote:
>On the slideshow they did not look as sharp as they should. What
>program did you use to resize?

Thanks for taking a look, Clive.  On my computer the slide show looks OK
until you switch to fullscreen mode, and then it doesn't look sharp, as you
noted.  That's because I uploaded small files that won't go full screen
without interpolation.  My fault, not the software.

I normally resize in batch mode using Picasa, but my Picasa was acting
strange (now fixed) so I used an older program called Multimedia Xplorer
that doesn't allow any file editing for color, tonal balance, etc., so the
conversions are right out of the camera.  When I put them up on Smugmug they
looked OK on my desktop with flat panel monitor, but seemed too dark on my
laptop.  The Smugmug tools helped a bit but not enough IMO.  I'll probably
redo the whole set in PS with full corrections for color, etc., and larger
files for full screen viewing.  This time I was in hurry-up mode to share
with some friends.

I recently viewed some of these on a friend's iMac and they looked too
*light*, so there's definitely a platform difference.  Something we have to
live with for now.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE