Subject: [Leica] Replacement for the C86 printer withUltratone (carbon)inks
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Oct 6 07:32:46 2006

Dave,

Check out the "Ink Conservation" section of the review of the new HP
9180. It's interesting how they deal with clogging in that new printer.

http://www.inkjetart.com/hp/B9180/index.html

Conserving ink is good since it isn't cheap. Check out the comparison of
MSRP Ink Costs per ML for various manufacturers half way down on this
page (green section).

http://www.inkjetart.com/3800/index.html

daveR

Dave wrote:

>>I had the 1280 and MIS inks for a while and had loads of clogging
issues. If you don't print *every day* with that combination it will
clog. Well, I like printing fine but not every day.

I only use Epson inks in the 1280 now and it no longer clogs. For B&W
I moved to the C86 with the MIS EZ cartridges and have had no problems
at all with great results. I wish they could figure out as cheap and
easy a package for a bit larger printing though.<<