Subject: [Leica] Mr and Mrs Wren - at last
From: rdandcb at home.netspeed.com.au (rdandcb)
Date: Thu Oct 5 17:08:45 2006

Last Monday was a public holiday and I spent most of it sitting on a
rock next to a bigger rock that has a small recess that holds water.
My puddle rock.  For three years I have been trying to get a picture
of a male blue wren at this site and it all came together about four
hours into that session.  These are highly mobile birds, staying
still for only fractions of a second.  The males, when they come for
a dip, are in and out in a flash.  The females of course spend far
more time in the bathroom - a couple of seconds at least.  So, I'm
rather happy with this one.  R8, APO-Telyt-R f5.6/560mm, Velvia 100,
f8 and 1/125th in manual mode, manual flash pre-metered using F mode.

http://home.netspeed.com.au/rdcb37/mrandmrswren.jpg

Some other puddle-rock shots are here

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Nature

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Mr and Mrs Wren - at last)