Subject: [Leica] Re: Announcing winners of September 2006 contest
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Tue Oct 3 16:21:06 2006

Montie

Interesting story about that tobacconist. He looks like he has lived to see
a lot. One question: How can you remember the technical data of such old
pictures? Did you keep databooks about every roll? Something I never managed
to work out in the pre-EXIF era.

The triathlonist was shot from a pedestrian bridge over the race circuit.
Getting the good timing was one aspect as these guys drove around 40kmh
(25mph), but jumping to the right top position when one comes, without
jostling other spectators, was the rather bigger challenge, not talking of
moving the camera exactly with the subject. But I must admit digital
shooting makes such stuff easier as you can control the shots immediately,
and shoot more on one card than on one roll.

Didier