Subject: [Leica] Interesting Juxtapositions
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Fri Sep 29 10:31:48 2006

On Sep 28, 2006, at 3:53 PM, B. D. Colen wrote:
> Some fantastic stuff - but it's too bad that he had to reach so
> with some of
> it. Also, forgive me, but other than the fact that the church woman
> is black
> and the white supremacist is, well, white - what's the point. Same
> with the
> minister and the klansmen. But they're all visually pretty incredible.

The photographer produced a gorgeous set of portraits; and like a
deck of cards one could almost take any two and find an interesting
juxtaposition. His particular choices, in some cases, may be
"reaches." However, I find the whole collection, as presented, work
together and allow me an opportunity to consider how we decorate
ourselves, think about stereotypes, choices, the bodies beneath the
wrappings, etc.