Subject: [Leica] Re: Watson loader
From: amr3 at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Thu Sep 28 12:13:06 2006

I want to add that I find the Watson loaders made of Baekelite better than
the newer plastic versions.  The new ones seem to attract more static dust.

Also, I do all the spooling in the dark.  When the lights are off, I take
off the door, open the light trap, and count clicks for the length.  Doing
it this way prevents light from fogging the end of the roll, and so you can
shoot until the film stops winding without messing up the last picture.

For fun, I'm still using up some Kodak Direct Positive bulk film.  It
expired in Oct. 1976, but has been in the freezer.  It is similar to the
lamented Panatomic-X, but with a different backing coat.  I stocked up on
bulk Agfa APX 25 before it went away, too.

Alan
Love the smell of a bulk roll of Tri-X

Alan Magayne-Roshak
Senior Photographer