Subject: [Leica] film vs. digital in my brain.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Sep 27 19:34:50 2006

Alan Magayne-Roshak said:
Subject: RE: [Leica] film vs. digital in my brain.

 > I have this feeling, too. Digital just doesn't seem as real as film. I
like
> getting a transparency or a negative, even if I might never get around to
> making a print.  Both still can be viewed without any equipment. Maybe I
> just don't like the idea of the subject being turned into (admittedly
> microscopic) square bits.
>
> I use a 1D or 1D MkII at work,(and I appreciate what they do for my
> professional output) but these and even the 5D are too big for me to want
> to carry around always for my personal photography. Not to mention what it
> would cost to get the bulky lenses too.<<<<<

Oh dear me Alan, just wait until you have a real Leica M8 in your hands and
you'll not likely want to go back to a film Leica again!!!

Never mind those big clunky digi monstor SLR's. If your an M kind of guyy
you'll want a real live M8 all too yourself within minutes of having one in
your hands.;-)

The quesion will be..." Film? What is this thing you speak of "Film?" ;-)
And the rest will be history.

ted