Subject: [Leica] Re:New Leica varifinder is rather huge!!!!
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Wed Sep 27 13:03:45 2006

Christ quit complaining you bunch of small minded photographed wussies! It's
too big, it's too noisy, it's batteries suck even though I've never tried
it, blah blah blah.

Do what I did. I go to the local Lowe's and get some copper wiring(if you
are in New Orleans you could just go to any trashed house and "borrow"
some). I then fashion the wiring into 1" x 2" rectangles. Then I cut out
some Walgreens construction board paper(the bright lime green stuff cause
it's always on sale) marking
12mm,15,21,24,28,35,40,50,73,75,85,90,105,135,200mm, and placing the paper
inside the 1"x2" copper viewer. The viewer of course is then cemented with
Gorilla Glue on top of the Leica TTL hotshoe - sticks forever in about 30
seconds. Sometimes a nail gun works too, but I found you'd better do that on
an MP not a TTL M6/M7! Shocking was the word I'll use.

Trust me it works, and only for around $6.66. If you "found" the copper
wiring in New Orleans, deduct $2.50.

I'll post some photos later along with proper instructions for viewer use.
After I finish downing a few bottles of Dixie beer, the only way to start
whistlin' Dixie.

Chris