Subject: [Leica] 3600 asa- Ilforsol S
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Tue Sep 26 09:05:53 2006

On 25/09/2006, at 20:26, bernardo feio wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just a quick question so I can develop some film that shot in 3600
> asa.
>
> How long to develop HP5 (3600asa) with Ilforsol S?

There is an old press trick that might help you, but I only have the
recipe to use with D76 pushing @ 1600.

Dilute the developer to 1:30 and keep inverting the tank for 5
minutes, then place the tank into water @ 24?C without any inversion
for about 6 hours, then process as habitual. Do not process more than
1 roll per tank.

It should work with something more suitable to push processing like
xtol, but as far as I don't use it I cannot tell you so much about
dilutions. Keep in mind that the idea is using a very very diluted
for a long time driving it exhaustion, so expect sharp grain.

Saludos
http://imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/