Subject: [Leica] Another "American Landscape"
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Sep 25 14:29:50 2006

Sonny showed:
> http://www.sonc.com/american_landscape_6.htm
>The series is  here:
> http://www.sonc.com/american_landscape/index.htm<<,

Sonny this is building into a powerful series of photographs of how a
country appreciates the flag and it's enormous meaning to the people.

So far you're building a powerful base for a book sometime down the line.
It's the variations and certainly the emotion arousal of what this last one
represents. Not meaning to have a bunch of these, but this one is so strong
and the angle so unique, it would be very difficult to find a better one.
However that doesn't mean pass any because you never know when a better
moment comes along...... that's what editing is all about when you have a
couple of hundred others of this calibre.  You will, stay with it!

Like Kyle in finding his publisher, as soon as you have a couple dozen all
equal to and or stronger, I'd make up prints, a book outline and have a go
at finding a publisher.

By the same token this isn't a subject you're going to hop out the door and
find them a dime a dozen.... you might..... but only one or two will have
the impact of the set to this point.  But without question, I'd become a
serious hunter and spend as much of your free time as possible seeking and
searching for interesting photographic situations as you have here.

The series so far covers a gamut of emotions and interest, but it's the
strong feelings they bring to a viewer.

Hang tight with it Sonny I have no doubts you've a winner if you stay with
it because it's a story telling example illustrating how a country shows
it's flag.

ted