Subject: [Leica] Leica has bought Sinar
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Mon Sep 25 04:11:02 2006

The Leica bei Meister Newsletter I just received states that Leica
AG, Solms, has buyed 51% of the Sinar shares previoisly owned by Jenoptik.

Swiss company Sinar http://www.sinar.ch/ is famous for it's
professional solutions for the medium and large format photography.
It's former owner Jenoptik http://www.jenoptik.com is the company
that implements the kodak sensor and software in the M8.

Would could this mean? Leica entering the digital medium/large format
area? All I can say is that's it's positive sign that Leica is able
to buy another company and not the other way round.

Didier

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:Leica has bought Sinar)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Leica has bought Sinar)
Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Leica has bought Sinar)