Subject: [Leica] Equinox - revisited
From: mads.christensen at gmx.net (Mads Christensen)
Date: Sat Sep 23 07:03:08 2006

Hi Jim - and Nathan,

I just checked the tables for sunset in the town of Skagen at the
northernmost tip of Jutland, Denmark's main peninsular connected with the
European continent. Skagen is at 57.730 N (and 10.630 E) which is pretty
close to same latitude as Gothenburg and Lindome where Daniel lives.

Today, Saturday 23 Sep, sun rise was at 07:06 and sunset will be 19:13, all
in Danish/European summertime (=GMT+1hour). Thus 'real sun time' was in fact
close to 6am and will be 6pm so we are indeed at fall equinox.

This issue prompted me to add a couple of fresh photos to my section of the
LUG-gallery.

I was a few minutes late on the sunrise on my daily/weekly morning swim last
Saturday:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/madstorben/Equinox+fall+06/P9164507.jpg.htm

Sweden is in the not-so-far-away background. You may notice a few 'black
things' in the water to the left. Here is a closer look:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/madstorben/Equinox+fall+06/P9164501_ORF.jpg
.html

- A family of swans with heads down while 'grassing'.

Colours of foliage are changing now around here, also in my garden:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/madstorben/Equinox+fall+06/P9234529_ORF.jpg
.html

Thanks for looking,

Mads