Subject: [Leica] Re: "the dynamic range of digital"
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Fri Sep 22 13:43:03 2006

Well David - if the Frontier scans gave you what you wanted the
discussion becomes mute. But I would rather have your coast to coast
histograms on file. As Ansel (so they say) suggested, "the negative
(chrome, RAW file, in other words the original) is the score, the
print is the performance (how you interpret the score). I want as
much information as possible in the original so I have options in the
performance. YMMV ;-)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com