Subject: [Leica] M3 Short Focus Adjustment
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Fri Sep 22 06:44:55 2006

There is a site where you can download an M2 manual:

http://leicaclub.net/files/leica_m2_service.pdf

  but rangefinder set-up was with all the special tools and would not
be particularly helpful to you. It is not a hard procedure for a tech
but it is also easy to screw-up your camera. I would send the camera
and lens to a good Leica tech to get the work done.

Actually that is not quite true. I would toss the Hexar lens and get
one that works on a Leica body. Cosina/Voitlander make inexpensive
good quality normals that work just fine. That way you can add other
lenses and more easily sell your camera without lying; both of which
you will not be able to do if you go ahead as planned.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] M3 Short Focus Adjustment)
Message from mkochsch at shaw.ca (Michael Koch-Schulte) ([Leica] M3 Short Focus Adjustment)