Subject: [Leica] OT: Maine (was: Not my usual subjects - and in color)
From: pj at GoodPhotos.com (Michael Eric Berube)
Date: Thu Sep 21 10:20:06 2006

BD wrote:
>> utterly  bizarro story of the parents
>> in Maine kidnapping their daughter,

Sonny asked:
>> What color was Maine again?    ;-)

BD responded:
> Well, it's two Senators are Republicans...and it's the summer home of Per
> Bush and where baby Shrub summered - so I guess it's Red. ;-)

What sort of research techniques to they teach down there in those vaulted
halls of the ivy leagues of technology?!

In fact, Maine was a "Blue State" during the last election. While some of
our "even more rural" counties were Red, not enough were to split our
Electoral votes (which Maine, like Nebraska, can do) and we joined the rest
of the North Eastern Seaboard and voted for the Demopublican wing of the
Corporate Incumbent Party which rules our nation (instead of the Repulicrat
wing.)

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/

For the record Senators are Republican, are both women, both are ardently
pro-choice. One of them, Olympia Snowe, pretty much heads up the Fiscally
Conservative/Socially Liberal centrist group in her wing of The Party. Her
continuance to counter the Chief Executive against her wing's lines has
consistently earner her the title of RINO (republican in name only) by most
neo-cons. Both of our Congresscritters are from the Demopublican wing of
The Party, both male, and both also ardently pro-choice (well, when it
comes to choosing to abort a pregnancy at least.)

As to our 'summer visitors', the Bush's are just a handful of the millions
of pains in the ass that we have to deal with en masse Memorial Day through
Labour Day (and now that it is Leaf Peeping season and soon for Ski
Season.) <sigh>

Worth noting that a good many of these PITAs 'summer at their cottages in
Maine' every weekend to escape their daily Hell in the greater Boston area.
;-)

--
Carpe lumen,
Michael Eric B?rub?