Subject: [Leica] RE: Umbria 2006
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Sep 20 22:47:52 2006

Oliver, further to my last suggestions, I just downloaded the larger
versions of your posts to have a peep at corrections.
I looked at 7, the group on the steps and 33 of the wall. Because they are
low res 8 bit any correction to tonal range degrades the
histogram. But this is just your low res posts I am playing with.
Neither has any clipped highlights and both have a decent exposure range
(keeping in mind the 8 bit). 33 actually has the blacks
clipped.
Both of them are greatly improved by a quick downwards drag of the mid-tones
in their curves.
A similar and quick to implement curve applied to your full size files would
be simple and helpful.
Pardon me if I'm teaching you to suck eggs on this. If it is useful or you
would like that expanded, I'd be happy to help.

Cheers
Hoppy