Subject: [Leica] Something different
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Sep 20 17:50:51 2006

At 08:43 PM 9/20/2006, you wrote:
Tina, I attended an opening at a gallery not long ago and, in
>addition to painting, sculpture, pottery, etc., there were also a
>number of photographs displayed.  One of them was of a young girl,
>perhaps 5 or 6, whose facial expression, while not manipulated like
>Greenberg's stuff, was clearly born of distress.  Something had to
>have been done, or said, that caused her face to screw up as if she
>were ready to bawl her eyes out.
>
>I don't get it.
>
>Ken

Well, I did post this photo of a boy in Honduras who was crying
because he was seeing a doctor for the first time:
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/63774489

But I didn't make him cry!  I gave him a lollipop to stop crying and
even got him to grin when I gave him a matchbox car after the doctor
had seen him.  I can understand trying to stop kids from crying but
I'll never understand making them cry on purpose for some idea of art.

I don't get it either.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com

Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Something different)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Something different)
Message from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] Something different)