Subject: [Leica] Re: the dynamic range of digital
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 20 08:08:31 2006

Dave Mason <leica@dmason.net> wrote:

> I have got to think, and this is just me speculating, that this is
> completely dependant on which sensor one is referring to and not
> something that can be generalized.

Yes, that's how I see it.  I'm reporting my experience with a particular
piece of equipment.  I do not intend to apply the conclusions I've reached
with this equipment to all digital cameras.  I agree that the optimum
histogram Adobe and Reichmann recommend is in fact optimum.  What I'm
saying is that different cameras might require different techniques to
produce the optiumum histogram.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacrmento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com