Subject: [Leica] Re: the dynamic range of digital
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Sep 20 08:01:10 2006

> I leave it to others to read what you've written, Doug.

In other words you haven't read my posts, and you're arguing with thing's
I've never written or believed.

> unless you can show me an analysis of the functioning of the DMR's sensor
> that explains how it is, in basic principle, different from all the other
> sensor's out there, I'm afraid one has to conclude that even if your
system
> works brilliantly for you, it suggests that you are either losing a great
> deal of data, or you have a metering problem. (And of course if your
exposure
> compensation takes care of that metering problem, then it doesn't much
> matter how the sensor does or doesn't work, because you've got it working
> for you.)

B.D., go back to photography 101.  All I'm doing is calibrating my
technique to get optimum output from a particular piece of equipment.  The
exact same thing we used to do with a film camera.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://mail2web.com/ .