Subject: [Leica] Re: MacPro
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed Sep 20 06:49:36 2006

On Sep 19, 2006, at 10:32 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

>> Ric, good comeback.
>> I want to buy a MacBook for myself, I mean for my wife. I have five
>> PCs & a laptop already.
>> Now come on be honest, groovy interface and all, just run the spec
>> of an iMac against a comparably priced PC. Power Mac G5 sure,
>> looks fantastic if expensive. I wonder if there is an INTEL CPU in
>> their future? Ooops, I guess we're in another discussion group
>> right about now.

This Business Week review of the MacPro indicates that not only does
it perform very well but that it is cheaper than a comparably
equipped Dell. In addition, you get an excellent suite of software
and the wonderful operating system - AND NO VIRUSES (well, very few
so far.)
http://yahoo.businessweek.com/technology/content/sep2006/
tc20060913_201871.htm

Larry Z