Subject: [Leica] M8: To buy or not to buy. . .
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Tue Sep 19 13:43:00 2006

Ted, it's like there's a little you in my head, cranking the levers
for my tongue!  Just the other day I said to my lovely wife, "You
know, I really should get a DMR and maybe an M8.  It'd be so much fun
and I'd take much more spontaneous pictures, not worried about the
per-shot cost anymore."

But, then I wouldn't have slides!!!  And be buggered if I'll spend
thousands to get a beamer that can match my RTm.  And I'd have to
upgrade my computer, get a bigger-better screen, storage, software,
etc, etc.  It would never end!  My house is cluttered up with dead
and dying computer gear already, but all of my film cameras work
perfectly (well...).    Hmmm?  :-|

Sticking with film is pretty easy to do.   Ya just gotta pretend
digital didn't happen.  :-)

When my soccer kids ask to see the back of the camera I say just loud
enough for the parents to hear, "There's no screen to look at kids
coz this is one of the new cameras, called a film camera.  Leaves
digital for dead."  Many of them say "Yeah, you're right about that."

Charlie Brown would just say, "AAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!"