Subject: [Leica] Re: Creative Procrastination (Peter Klein)
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Mon Sep 18 19:47:55 2006

On Sep 18, 2006, Peter Klein wrote:

> Wow, Bob, that's about the best Mantis portrait I've ever seen.
> Well done!
> --Peter

>> Seeing as how I'm working on a little project for an eye clinic here
>> in town involving lotsa shots of non-human eyes... I present to you
>> the following portrait of My Friend MANNNNTISSSSSSSAAAA!!!!!
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/nnldn

Peter -

Thanks for the enthusiastic take on this snap; the idea of treating
these kindof things as portraits is really something I stole from our
own ever-admirable source...

Y'know... there are modern types who would disdain the way we might
project human qualities onto non-human subjects;  me, I embrace it
like all hell; just like a lot of other "discredited" "romantic" "old-
school" ways of doing snaps that are actually kindof interesting to
look at.

Bob Palmieri