Subject: [Leica] M8 alternative? --- why not wait?
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 18 15:12:09 2006

jacques bilinski <jacques_bilinski@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Simply scaling down a full frame 35mm lense to 4/3 size would yield a
>>> lens with the same speed and angle of view but one eighth the volume
>>> and weight.
>>
>>And also a scaled-down distance from the rear element to the sensor,
>>meaning no change in the angle of incidence.
>
>That's my point. The technology used in the M8 has shown that the 'angle
of incidence' >issue with digital sensors can be dealt with in other ways
than with highly telecentric >lenses.

OK, but if the lens is intended for a 4/3-standard system it will need more
distance from the rear element to the sensor to allow for mirror clearance
- so it's going to be more telecentric anyway.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://mail2web.com/ .