Subject: [Leica] How to sell a Leica M2 to pay for an M8
From: crgrbrts at verizon.net (Craig Roberts)
Date: Fri Sep 15 06:41:37 2006

Christopher Williams wrote:

>Still leaves (John) short for the M8.

Here's how to do it:

For sale: Rare, all mechanical Leica M2 optical imaging device.
Unrestored to maintain beautiful patina.  This marvelous machine was
once used to capture crude images on "film", a plastic medium resembling
thin rolls of paper coated with a light-sensitive silver impregnated
gelatin.  This "film" was then "processed" in a series of noxious
chemical to produce small rectangular images that were enlarged by
optical projection onto a fabric wall screen or onto light sensitive
silver gelatin coated paper which was similarly "processed" to resemble
an inkjet paper printout.

Although a half century old, this Leica M2 all-mechanical camera still
functions.  It's an amazing example of  novel 20th Century technology
and "Old World" German craftsmanship.

$4,795.00 plus shipping

Selling the M7 and IIIg in like fashion might help pay for new lenses.

Don't laugh.  I'm wearing a "Old World" German-crafted mechanical
watch.  I hestitate to reveal the embarrassing price.

Craig
Washington, DC

Replies: Reply from summarex at hotmail.com (Javier Perez) ([Leica] Wanted to Buy Macintosh se/30)
Message from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] FS: M7,M2,IIIg)