Subject: [Leica] Tri Elmar M 16-18-21 mm F4 ASPH lens
From: leicaluvr at (Tom Schofield)
Date: Fri Sep 15 00:49:31 2006

Or perhaps it is a noble effort at a complex arrangement that not
only zooms to three focal lengths, but can compensate for parallax at
any focusing distance for each focal length.  I for one am no good at
framing accurately at close distances with a 21 relying on the
parallax marks on the brightline finder.   Some of the old RFs had a
pin that came up out of the body behind the accessory shoe to tilt
the accessory finder to compensate parallax.

Tom Schofield

On Sep 14, 2006, at 10:50 PM, Henning Wulff wrote:

> At 3:28 PM +1000 9/15/06, G Hopkinson wrote:
>> Mark the specs and brochure are released, at least to user forum
>> members. I guess they must be in wide circulation by now.
>> It does look yummy. Its Dimensions and weight
>> Length to bayonet flange approx. 63mm
>> Largest diameter approx. 55mm
>> Weight approx. 350g
>> For us metric folks.
>> But you are going to have to buy the horrendously complex and
>> expensive super finder thingie to go with it.
>> Cheers
>> Hoppy
> Or the big stupid tri-finder sold previously. Or a 21 and 28 CV
> finder (optional 25 finder if you don't want to guess) if you tend
> to stick to one focal length for a while.
> Boy that new finder is a lump. They must have looked at the Xpan
> finder for the 30 and said "we can design something worse than
> that!". Success!!!
> --
>    *            Henning J. Wulff
>   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
>  /###\
>  |[ ]|

Replies: Reply from ricc at (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Tri Elmar M 16-18-21 mm F4 ASPH lens)
Message from henningw at (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Tri Elmar M 16-18-21 mm F4 ASPH lens)