Subject: [Leica] Hawaii Shoot
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Thu Sep 14 17:59:45 2006

Folks -

Just got back from two weeks in Hawaii.  I took a few pictures.
Okay, maybe more than a few.  It was an interesting experiment in
compromising between a vacation and a full-blown shooting spree,
which leads me to believe I may have something of interest to offer
to those who often find themselves in the position of trying to
integrate a serious enthusiasm for snapping with a buncha other
things in their lives.  And since I need to put some of the snaps
together for other interested parties I figure I'll post a few at a
time to the Leica lists over the next coupla weeks.

Since we all know how to point the cameras at the subject and release
the shutter I'll address the ever-popular issue of Getting There &
Back With the Film & Gear Intact.  To this end I'm delighted to
report that the LowePro Compu-Trekker Plus backpack (stuffed with an
M w/6 lenses and a 20D with 4, including the 400 Telyt, plus my Mac
laptop) breezed through as carry-on luggage, at least as regards the
airports in Chicago, LA and two Hawaiian islands. Hand inspection of
film was also courteously executed.  Digital files got dumped to said
Mac at days' ends then backed up to my iPod.  Also, that there Hakuba
carbon-fiber & magnesium 'pod really came through, even on the 10
hour/10 mile hikes.

Bob Palmieri