Subject: [Leica] Video of M8
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Wed Sep 13 18:18:08 2006

BD,

I suspect the the M8 will hold about half of its value after 2 years
of use.  That's not too bad.  By that time, Leica will need to refine
the sensor or upgrade the image processor to remain somewhat
competitive.  When they do, I'll sell my M8 for an M8.2 or M9.  It
will give another photographer the opportunity to obtain a Leica
camera at a lower cost entry point.  You never know when Zeiss may
introduce their digital rangefinder to liven up the marketplace a
bit.  In the famous words of Kurt Vonnegut, "and so it goes."

Richard