Subject: [Leica] Re: Video of M8
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Tue Sep 12 22:00:24 2006

Jeff Moore wrote:

> [snip]
>
>Yeah, point-N-shoots.  Remember how I said I dislike SLRs?  I hate
>point-n-shoots all the more.  Once again, that hasn't kept me from
>keeping one in a pocket or bag, but...  you just don't know where the

[snip]

I agree with everything Jeff said.

I'll just add that while I use a DSLR alongside my M's, for a small pocket
camera, I much prefer to simply shoot good old 135 format film.

No "small sensor, noise, EVF, shutter lag, yada yada" crap to put up with.
Just shooting a film P&S is so much easier and, in the general case, yields
so much higher quality results - on good old 135 format film - than nearly
any P&S digicam.

Use one's film of choice - Delta 100, Provia 100, TriX, NPH, whatever floats
your boat. Get over it, and just pay for the film and  processing. This
"cost"
didn't stop any pro or serious amateur photographers in years past, so why
should it now? Is the universe of photographers getting poorer or something?

I've now purchased 2 digicams as presents for family members, and I've
coached a few other friends and family through a digicam purchase of their
own.

But I have absolutely NO intentions of using such a digicam myself.  No
thanks.

Whatever their strengths and weaknesses, my Rollie AFM35 or my Oly
Stylus Epic have produced many, many nice "keepers" - on good old film
that I can scan and print or choose to have wet printed at quite handsome
enlargements.

Personally, given the current crop of small sensor digicams, I just
don't see
any real point to using one.

Scott

--
Pics @ http://www.adrenaline.com/snaps
Leica M6TTL, Bessa R, Nikon FM3a, Nikon D70, Rollei AFM35

Replies: Reply from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] Re: Video of M8)
Message from faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman) ([Leica] Re: Video of M8)
Message from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] Re: Video of M8)