Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica] M8 lens dilemma
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Sun Sep 10 19:18:45 2006

I've been wondering - is the 135 film format magic somehow?
It gives us 20/2.8, 135/2, diminutive 40/1.4 lenses and so
on and so forth.

Surfing around MF gear, an f2.8 normal lens seems "fast,"
and we can forget LF stuff.

And on small sensors, really fast wide lenses doesn't seem
a reality.

Is this a particular "feature" of the 135 film format, or just
that lots of lens R&D was dumped into such a popular format?

Scott