Subject: [Leica] PhotoshopCS2 alt
From: roy at detroitphotographic.com (Roy Feldman)
Date: Thu Sep 7 07:01:51 2006

I have CS2 and use it as a part of my work and am very happy with it, but it
is the elephant in the room. It has perhaps a little too much.
I have downloaded the free Lightroom and; it is going thru some teething
now(beta) .but: a provides better Raw conversion than that available on
CS2,provides a rudimentary way of organizing pictures,seems to have improved
the printing interface.
Most are guessing that this program will be about $200. Before you bite the
$600 bullet I would suggest a Lightroom trial. The authors are quite honest
about the fact that speed has not been maximized in the beta and this will
be the last step.
If you are not planning on doing a lot of localized corrections you my want
to give it a run.
I find it very good for about 90% of my images and i shoot daily for a
newspaper.
Just a thought.

--
Roy Feldman, photojournalism & editorial photography

Replies: Reply from leicaluvr at comcast.net (Tom Schofield) ([Leica] PhotoshopCS2 alt)