Subject: [Leica] it's all about the block
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Sep 6 15:45:10 2006

Eric, I thought that the catch-lights were very effective and of course a
direct consequence of using the lovely window light that has given the
modelling. Also, I don't get any "alien" sense at all. Just a baby having
baby's eyes, like they are supposed to! I thought the lighting was very good
and the pose and expression caught very well. In short a great baby photo. I
would be surprised if it isn't hanging as a fine and treasured photograph on
baby's mum's wall.
It does have to me the formal studio study feel (almost too perfect!),
rather than a "natural" setting. The colour has a sepia feel, which I don't
think is objectionable at all. I certainly don't see any of the Jill
Greenberg look. She isn't called the manipulator for nothing.
Looking again at Ava made me go back to your gallery. It is lovely to see so
many shots of high technical quality capturing those precious moments.
That's the very best reason to have good gear, in my view.

Great shot
Cheers
Hoppy