Subject: [Leica] Am I wasting my time/money?
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Tue Sep 5 21:18:09 2006

The 3D Matrix will not work with MF ais lenses even with the calibrating for
focal lenght and aperture.  It is the only mode which does not, from what I
understand.  But Doug has a good point, Why do you have to do this as the
Leica R lenses from 30 years work perfectly on the current R cameras if they
have had the 3rd cam installed?  All my R lenses work perfectly on my SL
through R8 with no problems.  I have only one lens with the ROM contacts, so
it will not work on the SL.  It is the only lens with limited body use.  But
even that can be fixed if I want to remove the ROM contacts.  Most of my
lenses have all three cams, but 2 I had to have them added, cost, a whopping
$85.

Gene