Subject: [Leica] Leica history question
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Mon Sep 4 15:28:40 2006

Phil Swango wrote:

> Netflix has the "Real World" DVD.  It's pretty weird -- very "up close
> and
> personal" -- maybe more than you'd like.  It sort of rambles and
> doesn't try
> to explain anything.  It would mainly interest Eggleston fans.

My parents raised me and my brother on David Lynch flicks starting
with "Eraser Head."  Years later, my mom loved Blue Velvet, owned
a video copy and watched it repeatedly.

Pat Moran's kid, Brook, went to prep school with us. Pat Moran produced all
of John Waters' early movies - the really, really sick ones. Brook later
married
the porn star, Traci Lords.

We were brought up on those Waters flicks too.  My younger brother got up
and made a serious and solemn announcement at our prep school when the fat,
toothless and perhaps slightly retarded Waters character "Miss Edie"
finally
passed away.

When I was a freshman philosophy student, my father visited and bought
me a copy of the surrealist George Bataille's "Visions of Excess," a
collection of
essays with titles like "The Sexual Life of Flowers" and "The Solar
Anus." I kid
you not - I used to ritually read passages from these essays during our
Thanksgiving festivities.

I was raised WEIRD.  If this DVD is weird, I'll probably love it :-)

Scott

--
Pics @ http://www.adrenaline.com/snaps
Leica M6TTL, Bessa R, Nikon FM3a, Nikon D70, Rollei AFM35