Subject: [Leica] eyeliner through the ages
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Mon Sep 4 00:51:11 2006

This is a kick butt series, although I'd edit out the very first
photo in the series. It's a great subject, but one need's the
photo's title for the photo to be meaningful. Or at least,
them's the words I come up with when I try to understand
my own judgement of the photo :-)

The series is like a play, something about a special, magical
scene or place or stage on which young folks are in the process
of coming of age.

You titled one of the photos of some girls "thirteen," and I
thought of another play where a 13 year old girl is coming of
age - Shakespeare's Juliet was 13.

And then in a photographic context, the number "thirteen" makes
me think of "twelve" and another very different coming of age
series of photographs, Sally Mann's "At Twelve."

And then I think of the controversy surrounding that series of
photos and the book - and I decide to stop writing anymore :-)

Just a stream of consciousness, but one kicked of by your
excellent series of photographs.  Very cool.

Scott