Subject: [Leica] What I did last night
From: Bartphotog at aol.com (Bartphotog@aol.com)
Date: Sat Sep 2 18:52:56 2006

In a message dated 9/1/06 11:24:38 PM, SonC@aol.com writes:

<< Our parish church has had an interim Rector  (Pastor) for a couple years.

We recently found someone who seems a  good fit for this small town, and
last

night we "installed the rector"

Kinda hard to shoot in a documentary sense, because you cannot use  flash,

(not that I would) and it is all ceremony, and I did not want to intrude  on

that. >>

Sonny,

Very, very nice, especially the shot of the new rector sharing a moment with
the "bishop"(?), and the two of her celebrating communion.

I have the same problems shooting in our church (and in dramatic
performances, when permitted), where flash is rude and SLR noise obtrusive.
I get silent
operation, and quite good results, with my old Canon G2 digital, but find
the
autofocusing speed annoying in the prevailing low light levels, which also
often require very slow shutter speeds due to its maximum speed of ISO 400.
Prefocusing cuts the shutter delay to almost nothing, but accurate framing
requires using the LCD screen (rather than the inadequate - though far from
the worst
I've seen on a digital - optical finder), which is distracting to people
sitting behind me, and slows the rate at which I can take multiple frames.

I recently acquired an older M6 with a couple of lenses, and am anxious to
see what sort of results  I can achieve with them.

Bart