Subject: SLR viewfinders (was: Re: [Leica] M42x1-Canon EOS adapter ...)
From: telyt at (Douglas Herr)
Date: Wed Aug 30 20:32:42 2006

On Aug 30, 2006, at 6:07 PM, Eduardo Albesi wrote:

> Doug,
> I have a late Mk-II original Leicaflex, and it has a VF that's every
> bit as bright as the best SL/SL2 finders I have seen. Do you know if
> they share the same design?

It's a different design: microprisms only in the central area, fresnel
rings, flat-bottom prism, o ground glass or matte plastic whatsoever.
It's brighter than the SL or SL2 but it's not easy to focus outside the
central microprism area.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento

Message from lists at (Eduardo Albesi) (SLR viewfinders (was: Re: [Leica] M42x1-Canon EOS adapter ...))