Subject: [Leica] Interesting link on market share in Japan
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Aug 28 20:53:41 2006

Don, the market continues to evolve, that's for sure.
And as the prices continue to drop each preceding model plummets in value.
I'm not familiar with that XT or XTi. I guess they are newies for Canon (?).
I would expect several months before the D80 appears in any quantity, in
this remote mini market.
Frankly I've always been under-whelmed with the build quality in all of the
consumer DSLRs I have ever handled. That goes double for the VFs. (No
knowledge on the high end ones).
That would apply though to all of the now defunct more modern 35mm low to
mid SLR bodies as well. But then I was brought up on mechanical Nikons and
these days largely use the M gear of course.
I actually have no leaning or history regarding the KM gear, but I do like
the fact that Zeiss designs will fit the new Sony bodies.

Cheers
Hoppy with dinosaur taste
If it ain't metal and glass.......