Subject: [Leica] Re: Read my lips - no new cameras (Gene DuPrey)
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (bob palmieri)
Date: Sun Aug 27 15:08:24 2006

On Aug 27, 2006, Gene DuPrey wrote:

> Bob,
>
> I would caution the use of slide film in Hawaii, as you will find
> the lightscale very wide and slide film does not have the latitude
> to capture it like print film.  My personnal opinion - Iwasted alot
> \of shots on slide film and had much better results on print film.
> Photo possibilities are vast and you will need lots of film.  Have
> a good time out there.  We are planning a trip for next July.
>
> Gene

Gene -

Thanks for the good wishes and advice.  Based on the early responses
of you, Frank & Hoppy I'm beginning to think that this expedition
would be an ideal situation in which to try some of this "High
Dynamic Range Photography" I've been reading about, in which you
shoot a few snaps of the same scene on a 'pod at different exposures
and put them together in the All-Powerful Computer.

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Re: Read my lips - no new cameras (Gene DuPrey))
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Re: Read my lips - no new cameras (Gene DuPrey))