Subject: [Leica] Re: Non-waterproof Leica
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Sun Aug 27 11:49:40 2006

They must have some water/weather seals, as they are used all over the world
in all climates.  I have used mine in inclimate weather, with rain, snow, at
beaches, rivers, lakes, deserts with blowing sand and rain etc.  And so far
nothing as far as problems.  I'm pretty sure the R cameras have weather
seals, as my R4SP and the R8 seem to resist water very well.  So far my
M6TTL has resisted water with no problems of any kind.  I try to keep dry,
but they still get wet and I just wipe dry when I get to a place I can dry
them.

Gene