Subject: [Leica] M8 question
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Aug 27 09:10:48 2006

For an SLR you remove the prism.....  There were gadgets or right angled
attachments that did this for Zeiss Contax RF cameras, and
all the Kodak etc. roll film cameras had WLF.  They were  all pretty
useless......( I will refrain from making more comments about
1900 technology in 2006...)

So to focus, you must first get your eyes to focus ( bifocal comment) on the
LCD at presumably waist level, then focus the lens,
then push the shutter button.  All this while the subject sits still....from
a LCD screen that is what, maybe 2 inches square (
smaller?) and the RF patch must be tiny...

Rots of Ruck.......

It does, however explain the huge VF eyepiece I have commented on
already...... That is positive.

Imagine a RF camera with a high eye relief VF window.. nice for us eyeglass
wearers....  I like that idea.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net