Subject: [Leica] Re:Photos of M8--who took the pic?
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Fri Aug 25 21:15:32 2006

The photo was reportedly made by a Russian (or Chinese) spy in the factory
using a Holga!!!!! What do you expect anyway?

Adam Bridge <abridge@gmail.com> wrote:  I'm trying to figure out:

1) where does the battery go?? I don't see a place in its form-factor
for a battery big enough to be useful and this camera will have to
have a decent sized battery.

2) there doesn't look to be enough room forward of the back LCD
display. The camera MUST conform to the focusing requirements of
current M lenses. So I'd expect the camera to be thicker about about
the same amount as the DMR's back with its display and controls. But
looking at the top the shutter speed dial appears to take the same
room as it does on the M6/7.

3) Where does the flash sync plug in? I don't see that either.

So I'm more than casually skeptical. I have to think that the camera
would be thicker than the current M7 and talled because it needs
electrical power on the tune of say the motor drive for the M6/7.

The photo is sooooo crappy that I have to believe it's someone's
photoshop project.

But I'm hardly an expert on things like this.

Adam