Subject: [Leica] LUG contest: image formats
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri Aug 25 15:37:46 2006

I don't strip out the EXIF data, because I want to display it after the
contest has closed. I just don't display it in the contest website.

I hadn't noticed anything in EXIF that would identify the photographer. If
there is, then I have to re-think this policy. Yes, there are a few people
on the LUG who are both capable of and willing to do the steps needed to
look at the EXIF data of an online image, but I was hoping that most
wouldn't.

I did not write the software that manages this site. I adapted it from
Gallery 2. The Gallery 2 software always displays JPEGs. I have it
configured to use Quality=100 when it does that conversion. Although I
haven't tested it, I believe from reading the code that if you make your own
JPEG and arrange for it to be the right size, that it will use yours without
further processing. If it fits inside a 640x640 box, then it won't get
adjusted when you upload it, I believe.

Replies: Reply from jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore) ([Leica] LUG contest: image formats)