Subject: [Leica] Noctilux shooters now using Canon DSLR RE new 50 1.2
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Aug 25 12:39:45 2006

Don Dory offered:

> So how many of you out there are interested in this new lens?  If it is as
> good as the old FD then it will do a fabulous job.  I know that I have
> held
> off going into Canon digital as I really use the 50mm length and never
> could
> get on with the current offerings nor use for me such an important FL on
> an
> adapter with attendant aperture and TTL flash issues.<<<

Don,
I don't believe you can put the Noctilux on a Canon dslr because it wont
focus to infinity even with the best of adapters. I've already enquired and
was told it couldn't be focused properly due to the mirror box etc. Or
something like that.

So I don't suppose this new 50 1.2 will either if it's made for an M camera
use. But if it's a lens made for an slr then I suppose I'd get it and see
how I liked it and if I didn't?  Sell it!

ted

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Noctilux shooters now using Canon DSLR RE new 50 1.2)