Subject: [Leica] PAW 31 dlridings (catching up)
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Aug 22 10:51:14 2006

Your comments were warming, John.

For me, it is the people I meet in Africa that is the main thing. I
have a lot more. They will be coming as I catch up.

Interesting shots from Malawi. By coincidence, I have been finishing
up a project in Zimbabwe that started in 1992 and have applied for a
new project to work in Malawi. I've been there a couple of times.

I've been to SA a few times, but it scares me. It it more difficult,
as a white person, to be in contact with black africans. SA society is
still segregated and you need the right contacts to cross the lines. I
didn't have them. The violence is what scared me (was mostly around
Jo-burg).

There will be more coming. I'm glad you liked them and am flattered by
the comparisons you make. I like that group of photographers/images.

Best,
Daniel