Subject: [Leica] OT: Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway - share your thoughts?
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Aug 22 08:21:00 2006

At 10:28 AM 8/22/2006 -0400, Tina Manley wrote:
>At 10:20 AM 8/22/2006, you wrote:
>>I believe someone who knows the route for, say, a couple of hundred miles,
>>should let you know (1) about exits and (2) are there places to get gas and
>>food... regards, bob cole
>
>You can get free maps at any of the Blue Ridge parkway rest areas
>with all exits, gas stations, food, etc. marked for each milepost
>along the road.  There is plenty there at the exits but not right on
>the parkway.  Commercial enterprises are not permitted on the parkway.

Well, there is the Peaks of Otter and Mabry's Mill, but those are in
Virginia, on the stretch of the Parkway you guys are so stridently
insisting be avoided.  And the Chateau Morrisette winery is immediately off
an exit in Floyd County, VA -- a good restaurant and solid wines.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] OT: Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway - share your thoughts?)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] OT: Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway - share your thoughts?)