Subject: [Leica] Shooting with the Olympilux
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Aug 20 10:17:31 2006

B. D. Colen showed:

> Better known as the 55 f 1.2 Zuiko lens for the OM series, mounted on an
> E1
> - which makes it a 110 f 1.2....
>
> I played with it a bit while shooting a wedding yesterday....for some
> reason
> my images are showing up in the gallery lighter than they are on my
> computer screen, but that aside....
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/BDColen/Olympilux6 and 5,4,3,2, and 1 -
>
> Knock yourselves out....Me, I'm quite taken with the Olympilux glow, and
> was
> pleasingly surprised by the bokeh given what we get with some other f 1.2
> and 1 lenses. ;-) <<<<

Hi B.D.,
The "people glow" is a nice effect with an internal kind of sharpness, much
like the old old leica glass! Of course everyone gets wet pants with
excitement when referring to "Leica glow,"  so it'll be interesting to read
the comments about this lens. :-)

What I was really taken with were the photos of the wine glasses and flower,
those with the berry and liquor bottles. Maybe you should look into doing
some "fashion and advertising" assignments while using that lens. ;-)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. But that lens creates some very nice
"dreamy kinds of effect." Not to forget it's all "natural no flash
photography" which captures the light of the moment and not some flash light
blasted exposure. ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Shooting with the Olympilux)